Do I need home security?
Here are a few questions that can help determine if you really need a home security system:
- Do you live in a high-crime area? If the answer is ‘yes’, then a security system should definitely be a consideration.
- Do you have children of the age where they may be home alone at times, or need to access the home by themselves? Many security solutions can be configured to provide remote notification when users enter or leave the premises, such as when children return home from school.
- Are there any elderly family members in your home that may need help when no-one else is around? The ability to dispatch a distress call can be a lifesaver should the need arise, and some systems can even allow remote monitoring of the residence.
So many choices…
There are a multitude of security options available today. Wired and wireless sensors, remote access and streaming video, along with stand-alone systems or those that are integrated with greater home automation networks. Where do you even begin? You can narrow the search by considering a few preliminary questions:
- Do you have an existing home, or one that is under construction? Finished homes will be more conducive to a wireless system, whereas homes that are being built can be pre-wired for sensors and panels as needed.
- Do you prefer basic intrusion detection, or do you want the ability to visually monitor the home? If you are away from your residence for extended periods, or need to ‘check in’ with family members regularly, streaming video becomes a viable option.
- How much is security worth to you? Perhaps a single person living in a small apartment might opt for a basic system to secure the premises. Conversely, a large, extensively furnished family home would stand to benefit from a more elaborate security arrangement,
How can Cool Home Technology help?
With our extensive expertise in the security market, we can guide you in making the most appropriate selection in the most critical investment your can make for the safety of your home and your family.
Contact Us for More Information